Located at 7327 West Friendly Avenue in Greensboro, Wallstreet Deli offers sandwiches and Mediterranean fare from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekdays. Online ordering and catering are available.
The hours are limited and the location small, dated, and easy to miss – it’s in an industrial park set back from the road – but Wallstreet Deli seems to do brisk business nevertheless. Part of that is due to its proximity to area businesses although the friendliness of the folks working here certainly helps too. The same family that owned Jack’s Corner near UNCG owns this place. In light of that and of how long they’ve been around, I really wanted to like Wallstreet Deli. Ultimately, I found it to be solid if not impressive.
Though Wallstreet bills itself as a New York-style deli, it really isn’t much of one, and if you head in expecting that experience, you’ll leave disappointed. Approach it as a sandwich shop with some Mediterranean/Middle Eastern offerings, however, and it acquits itself much better. The menu features hot and cold sandwiches, burgers, salads, plus souvlakis, gyros, kababs, and falafel.
I was craving a cheesesteak, and the steak and cheese combo with fries fit the bill nicely. Even after adding mushrooms (an upcharge), it still came out under $15 pre-tax. I took it to go and found it satisfying. The sandwich offered a decent amount of meat and plenty of flavor. The fries were OK – not as crisp as they could be but not underdone or undersalted – though I would probably skip them on a future visit.
Wallstreet
Deli is a fast, friendly, fairly tasty lunch option for anyone in the vicinity
of the airport, but take proximity out of the equation, and you can find better
Mediterranean and better sandwiches elsewhere in town.

No comments:
Post a Comment