Monday, August 3, 2026

Down Home Deli Spot

 


Located at 1102 West Fairfield Road in High Point, Down Home Deli Spot serves soups, sandwiches, and salads. It is open 11-8 on weekdays, 11-12 on Saturday, and closed on Sunday. Online ordering is available. Soups change daily.

This quaint family-owned spot gets a lot of mileage out of personability. It occupies a small space that is equal parts casual and colorful. The menu offers a mix of hot and cold sandwiches, soups, salads, wings, and a few desserts. While the meats are Boar’s Head, the soups are homemade.

Craving an Italian sandwich, I went with Down Home’s rendition: the Heart Attack (salami, capicola, pepperoni, and provolone with all the toppings). The folks here are friendly, and my sandwich was ready for pickup after only a few minutes.


I’d be lying if I said this was one of the better Italian sandwiches I’ve had – the bread and the cheese were pretty pedestrian – but it was well-dressed, tasty, and filling. At $10 for an eight-inch sub, it was also priced right.

Down Home Deli Spot isn’t the kind of place I’ll go out of my way to return to, but for anyone looking for an alternative to a chain eatery in southern High Point, it’s worth looking into.


No comments:

Post a Comment