Thursday, September 10, 2026

Umami Station


Located at 2101 North Main Street, Umami Station offers Asian fusion cuisine. It is open from 11-9 Sunday-Thursday and 11-10 Friday and Saturday. Online ordering and party trays are available.

Housed in a former Marco’s Pizza, Umami Station is a no-frills eatery built for convenience. The pan-Asian menu includes hibachi, familiar Chinese-American dishes, ramen, sushi, poke, and wings. It’s standard as standard does, but that isn’t a bad thing if you know what you want and they have it.

In this case, I wanted a poke bowl. Topping options were, understandably, more limited than they would be in a place that specialized in poke. They also limit you to a single free sauce. Still, online ordering was easy, my food was ready on-time, and the price ($12) left no room for complaint.

 


Admittedly, I approached this meal with somewhat lowered expectations. While it was a bit spare (salmon, rice, cucumber, corn, avocado, and poke sauce that went heavy on the soy), it wasn’t unpleasant, and it satisfied a craving. Both the portion size and ratio of toppings to rice were decent.

I’d be lying if I said that Umami Station was impressive, but it is convenient, fairly priced, and, if not especially tasty, good enough for you to not regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment