Monday, August 8, 2022

Al-Falah Kabab & Gyro

 Located at the Mobil station at 1010 North Main Street in High Point, Al-Falah serves Middle Eastern and Pakistani halal cuisine from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.

 

I must have driven past this food truck a hundred times before I finally paid it a visit. It was enough to make me wish I had stopped much sooner. Al-Falah offers a combination of Pakistani (chapli kabobs, chicken tikka, samosas), Middle Eastern/Mediterranean (gyros), and American (hot dogs and cheesesteaks) sandwiches and entrees, all made fresh to order. Expect a ten or so minute wait.



Prices aren’t posted, but my chapli kabob over rice came out to $10. It ended up being quite a bit of food for the money, and while not quite on-par with the best Middle Eastern or South Asian in the area, it was still very tasty. The meat was well-seasoned and the white sauce made for a nice complement. If offered spicy sauce, be forewarned that it lives up to its name.

 

If you made my mistake of passing Al-Falah by without a second thought, let a gyro or kabab be your penance. You won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment