Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Bull City Ciderworks




 Located at 504 State Street in Greensboro, Bull City Ciderworks sells cider on tap and in bottles. It is open daily and offers indoor and outdoor seating as well as cider delivery. Food trucks appear regularly.

 

I prefer cider to beer and have long been a fan of Bull City’s products (their Lexington cidery is worth the drive), so when they opened up shop last month in the former Gibbs Hundred location, a visit was inevitable. It did not disappoint. With the main and back rooms open, there was plenty of space, and the outdoor area offers a fire pit. The bartender on duty was friendly and offered helpful recommendations.





My wife and I were in “try it all” mode and split a pair of flights. We were able to mix old favorites (Cherry Tart, Cardinal Cin, and Rhyze Up) with new seasonal offerings. Rico Guave (guava) was a hit, and though I am not always a dry cider fan, Brightleaf (a crisp and clean unfiltered) won me over. Spruce Bringsteen tasted like drinking a Christmas tree, and though some may find that offputting, Bull City definitely gets points for originality.

 

As with Trader Joes, I’m mildly miffed that Bull City came to Greensboro only after I resettled High Point, but as with several other Greensboro favorites, some things are well worth the drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment