Monday, April 8, 2024

California Burritos

 


Located at 2107 Kirkwood Drive in High Point, California Burritos offers Mexican cuisine from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Online ordering and delivery (via DoorDash or Uber Eats) are available. Three for $9.99 tacos are offered on Tuesdays.

 

The High Point offshoot of a Burlington eatery, California Burritos calls to mind the apex version of a national chain. Like a Chipotle or a Moe’s, it offers convenient ordering and lots of customizability. However, its ingredient quality and Californian branding help set it apart.

 

Though its concept is straightforward, California Burritos offers more than its namesake. You can get a burrito with your choice of meat and fillings, but you can also get bowls, tacos, quesadillas, and even carne asada fries. The offerings extend beyond the expected beef/steak/chicken/carnitas to include birria, shrimp, and even crispy fish tacos.

 

My wife and I opted for a carnitas quesadilla and a steak burrito for pickup. I was greeted upon arrival, and my order was ready to go. Though I didn’t linger long, I can say that the restaurant seemed bright and clean. The sound of sizzling meat made me feel like I’d made a good decision.

 



Indeed, the food did not disappoint. Both items were generously sized and well put together. I got a good two-thirds of the way through the burrito before it neared collapse. The ingredients tasted fresh.

 

At $11 and $12 (before factoring in a guac upcharge), California Burritos runs a bit higher than its competition, but it’s a worthwhile tradeoff for the portion and quality of the food. It probably won’t supplant your favorite Mexican spot, but as fast casual options go, you really couldn’t ask for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment