Monday, March 29, 2010

Anna's Baking

As a rule of thumb, I don’t review anything which isn’t commercially available. And while I won’t make an exception here, I will say this: my friend Anna is one hell of a baker. Her confections, which are too numerous to list, have included frosted banana cupcakes, a Philadelphia Phillies cake, macaroons, cream cheese cookies, various brownies and much, much more. Even on the rare occasions when the end result is misshapen (such an attempted croquembouche) or slightly burnt, it is still reliably tasty and sweet. Armed with a high-powered Kitchen Aid mixer and an encyclopedic knowledge of Martha Stewart lore, it seems like there is little she can’t concoct if given sufficient motivation and time.

Anna has a few recipes up on her blog. Lobby her and she may post a few more. Barring that, you could always become her friend.

NOTE: I was not compensated with cupcakes in exchange for this write-up. That would constitute a violation of my ethics. If this should lead to more baking in the future from which I would benefit, that is merely a happy coincidence.

1 comment: